Monday, November 12, 2007

Wow! A whole day without a post...

Did you think I had died?

Well this weekend was special.
I spent Friday night helping my sister pack her room so she could move. That was very interesting. I was put in charge of packing her cedar chest and was amazed at the treasures I found there. She has the Mrs. Buterworth bottle that sat in the window of the “girls room” for as long as I can remember. I had actually been thinking about that bottle a while back and wondering what ever happened to it and if it was still in the window at moms house. Friday answered my question. There were so many things I’d pull out and say wow I forgot all about this, or I didn’t know she had this, and I remember this.... It was fun. And yes everything that was in her cedar chest stayed with her. I didn’t prestidigitate anything while I was in there. :)
Another funny thing about helping her pack was that I am constantly getting guff from my husband about how every time we move he has to move a box of rocks. Do you know how many rocks I packed for my sister?? About as many as I have. I think mine are bigger though so it seems like more.
Saturday.... I woke up early and couldn’t get back to sleep. I hate waking up early on Saturdays. So I laid in bed for quite a while tossing and turning until I’d had it and forced myself to get up. I had a headache that in he few hours I was awake turned into a migraine. So I took 2 migraine pills and went back to bed. This was around 11:30 or 12-ish. I got up again around 7 and had dinner and made a trip to the grocery store. That was a useless day.
Sunday was another Sunday that I didn’t want to go to church. I have decided I have a lot of animosity towards the church due to John’s work situation even though I try to convince myself that the church office building and the church really are two different worlds and I shouldn’t judge one because of the other. I also can’t stand the judgmental-ness of people in my ward. There are a lot of well-to-do families in our ward and they seem to think they are better then everyone else. There are less then 200 active members of the ward, and only about 60 are willing to hold a calling. I wonder why the rest of the ward is in active? Could it be that they are also feeling left out and looked down upon and like they’d rather not go to church and sit by themselves and have no one talk to them? Hmm. That’s my guess. I also have a tough time sitting there watching other people with their babies and their little families and thinking that may never be me. John is having a hard time with that last part too.
We both have callings. I am the Relief Society Chorister and John is the 2nd Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency. In the almost 1.5 years that John has had this calling there has never been a presidency meeting. The President has never once called to see where john is when we haven’t shown up for long periods of time and he isn’t very organized so every Sunday it’s kind of a scramble to get things done. We haven’t been to church in 3 months and no one has made an effort to talk to us. Even our home teachers have stopped coming. The Relief Society President did come by 2 weeks ago to see where I was and if I was okay, but where was she 2 months ago. Did anyone know I was sick for 2 months? Did anyone care to ask?
So, yeah, I’m having a hard time with going to church. John needs to go or he’ll lose his job, but it’s hard to go when you don’t fit in anywhere. So I stayed home and baked a pie.
There’s my weekend for you. Enjoy your update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a bunch of BS!!! I've never heard that one could loose their job if they don't go to church if they are employed by the church. I think that's ridiculous. Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, and I did wonder where the he!! you went. You can't just quit blogging for a day or two after you've established a fan base!

M.O.M. said...

I am so relieved to hear that she has that sweet old Mrs. Butterworth. Honestly, just the other day the hubby and I had wandered past the Barbie isle. I felt slightly sad that I have no one to even desire Barbies at my house and was telling him about how Mrs. Butterworth and the Marlbro man used to live with my barbies in doll house that Uncle Wayne had made for me a million life times ago. Oh for the good ol' days.