Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Bald Soprano

This is from the short play "The Bald Soprano" it is also the dialog I used for my Madrigals audition my junior year of high school. I would practice it all the time and I still have it memorized because it is so absurd. I recall one family party at Grandma Mac's house where I was carrying on a conversation with a hot dog bun regarding the snake and the fox... ah, good times.

"The Snake and the Fox."
Once upon a time, a snake came up to a fox and said: "It seems to me that I know you!" The fox replied to him: "Me too." "Then," said the snake, "give me some money." "A fox doesn't give money," replied the tricky animal, who, in order to escape, jumped down into a deep ravine full of strawberries and chicken honey. But the snake was there waiting for him with a Mephistophelean laugh. The fox pulled out his knife, shouting: "I'm going to teach you how to live!" Then he took to flight, turning his back. But he had no luck. The snake was quicker. With a well-chosen blow of his fist, he struck the fox in the middle of his forehead, which broke into a thousand pieces, while he cried: "No! No! Four times no! I'm not your daughter."


(just in case you're curious: http://imath.mathematik.tu-ilmenau.de/~schubi/bstxt.html)

No comments: