Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Car again....

12:45 pm

Called the shop.
Damage to the car has totaled up to $4,300.00 so far,
and the shop was okayed by the insurance company to do the repairs.

Now the trouble is this is going to take 2-3 weeks to repair and the insurance company will only pay for the rental car until 12/14 (24 days or $600) … after that we have to pay out of pocket for the rental car. This whole situation just makes me really angry.

Then there is the fact that State Farm hasn't determined who actually caused the accident (partly because the idiot that hit us hasn't informed the insurance company) so if for some stupid reason fault is put on us (even though we were the car smashed in the middle) then we have to pay the $500.00 deductible with money that we don't have.

I hate this.

2 comments:

z said...

I would let you borrow a car however, one gets 8 mpg and the other is lowered and a stick shift. I dont think either one would be to helpful in this situation. Sorry. (Also I think you need to see about switching insurance companies)

Anonymous said...

You need to see if the idiot's insurance will pay for a rental for you. Or you can DRIVE Dennis' rusted 1976 Chevy Pick Up that when running get's about 10 MPG. I wish I could let you use my car. I feel so bad.