Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I’m a little miffed

Last night I was searching through old files on my computer it’s been a while, and I’m not to sure what I do or do not have since my previous computer “Lenny” died and our friend tried to save what he could off our old hard drive. So it was fun and interesting for a while... lots of old letters and journal entries that are really random and lots of new/old revelations of what I would let people get away with and what I would share with others. I was a lot more open before my mission on what I was thinking and what was going on. Apparently once I even let Toby read my poetry and stories and it sounded like I was okay with it. (it is not often I let the big gray binder out of my hands) **shrug** Does she even remember that? Funny what a person can forget in 8 years. :)
Anyway as I was reading through a file entitled “Memoirs” I was pleased to read most of my poetry from 1996-1999 it was enlightening and insightful and a little dark and lonely.
However, about midway through my memoirs there is a story entitled “Sojourner” that is incomplete.... somewhere along the way the last half of my story was replaced by “////////////////////adljl;sg .........//./////////////””????>:”:”:{?>?> ??/////////////// _ _ _ _ _-----///////////FGH ;;;;; /////////” let me tell you that made me quite angry and sad to wonder if I still have that story written on paper somewhere and if so, where. I know that they are just words, and that no one will probably ever read them but me, but it’s now like a missing piece of my soul that I don’t know if I can retrieve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a book of poems that I lost. I was really sad when I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure my ex won it in the divorce. That makes me mad but what do you do?? Hopefully you can find your story.