Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Road Tripin'

Today being my "Friday" I am finding it very hard to concentrate on work which makes me thankful that I can post my blogs by email because then I "look" like I'm working even though I'm writing to all my rabid fans… :)

Very early tomorrow morning the husband and I are setting out on our Thanksgiving adventure. I am VERY excited! This is my first trip to Washington State and my first visit to the oldest sister since she moved there a little over 3 years ago. So it's all new.

The husband and I have both come to the epiphany that We Are Adults we do not have to check in with anyone if we are out after 11 pm, we don't need permission to take a vacation, and we don't really need our parents approval for anything. We are free. True, we have been married for almost 6 years, and yes, it has taken us this long to figure it out.

So in honor of this momentous occasion I have selected the "Road Trip Theme Song" for our journey. So with out any further ado I give you…. The Song:

"Movin' Right Along"

Movin' right along in search of good times and good news,
With good friends, you can't lose,
This could become a habit.
Opportunity knocked once, let's reach out and grab it,
Together we'll nab it.
We'll hitch-hike, bus, or yellow cab it.

Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy free.
Gettin' there is half the fun; come share it with me.
Movin' right along (doog-a-doon, doog-a-doon)
We'll learn to share the load.
We don't need a map to keep this show on the road.

Movin' right along we found a life on the highway,
And your way is my way, so trust my navigation.
California here we come, that pie-in-the-sky land.
Palm trees and warm sand, though sadly we just left Rhode Island.

Movin' right along, hey, L.A., where've you gone?
Send someone to fetch us, we're in Saskatchewan.
Movin' right along (doog-a-doon, doog-a-doon)
You take it, you know best.
Hey, I've never seen the sun come up in the West.

Movin' right along, we're truly birds of a feather,
We're in this together, and you know where you're goin'.
Movie stars with flashy cars and life with the top down.
We're stormin' the big town.
Yeah! Storm is right, should it be snowin'?

Movin' right along, do I see signs of men?
Yeah, "welcome" on the same post that says "come back again."
Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy free.
You're ready for the big time, is it ready for me?

Movin' right along
Movin' right along
(repeat to fade)

1 comment:

purplesandel said...

What part of Washington? I worked up by Port Angeles(?)- well, we were an hour away from there. I was in Sol Duc in the Olympic Nat'l Forest. It is beautiful! I loved it up there and have always wanted to go back. But now I live in Arkansas and that is way too long of drive!
BTW, Kim and her husband live in Portland. If you need a place to stay, I'm sure they would love to have you there. And you can handle my sister for 1 day! She'd love to see you guys. email me if you want her number.
~carrie