Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Legal Troubles

As most of you know I'm currently being sued, and though I cannot discuss the details of the case with others I feel I can at least share with you the frustration of it all.

Recently (within the past 2 weeks) I was asked to answer some questions for the plaintiffs legal team (I am the defendant). I did this and got it back to them in a very timely manner and I was told that they would email me a final copy to look over sign and return.  Well time passed and the due date of 11/27/07 was quickly approaching and I hadn't received anything so on Monday morning (11/26) I emailed the law office asking where this was. Come to find out that the secretary was told to email the information to me but instead she mailed it. So yesterday (the due date) I finally get something emailed to me I had to go to a stupid bank (I hate banks) to get it notarized and had to deal with an idiotic asian woman who was just making me angry by her very existence and the attitude she was giving me because I didn't have cash to pay her $5 so I had to write a check. After getting the paper they told me to sign notarized and dealing with the rude people at the bank and spending MY money I dropped it off at the law office because the deadline was November 27th and it was their stupid fault that it was late because I told them 2 weeks ago to email me the forms and the legal secretary MAILED them.

 THEN we had to drive home in the snow that took us 1.5 hours and when we got home there was a message on the answering machine from the insurance company of the car in front of us asking for our insurance company information and basically stating that they're coming after us because this was OUR fault. So john had to call state farm and tell them AGAIN that this was not our fault and go over the whole accident AGAIN for their records and the dumb ass who hit us hasn't even reported this to the insurance company yet.

While he was doing that I got the mail and in the mail was a package from the lawyers office that had what I thought was the same thing they had emailed me earlier and that I had signed and returned. Well this package was much thicker and so opened it up and it was completely different then what was sent to me earlier. The back page that they told me to print off and return was COMPLETELY different then what I had just paid $5 for and I got really angry. I am really angry. So I had to call Rachel at work and tell her to bring her Notary stamp home so I could just get it done last night and I didn't have to let it fester all day today and go through this all again.

So the stupid legal secretary's mistake added to State Farms stupidity and all the stress I'm dealing with and the pain in my knee all bubbled up to the surface in a bawling rage fit that lasted 2 hours and I just don't understand what I ever did to deserve this horrible life I've been given and I'd rather just stay in bed with a blanket over my head then to have to deal with the world around me.

And then to top it all off I was 45 minutes late to work today because all the idiots in Davis County don't know how to drive even though it snows EVERY YEAR!! and now my system isn't working so I can only do half my work and can't print anything. I'm done, and I just want to go home.

After sending a very professional business email to the law offices telling them of my frustration I did get a personal call from my lawyer to apologize for the mistake and saying that this should have never happed in his office and that he was so sorry that I had to deal with this. Now they are sending a runner to my work to pick up the second paper so I don't have to make ANOTHER trip out to their office. I'm still angry, but that helps a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're down town and need a notary you can come to my work or let me know to meet you somewhere. I'm a notary and I'm FREE! :)