Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday -

I woke up with a terrible migraine this morning and called in sick to work. I've had a stress headache all week (surprise!) and know that this was coming, it was just a matter of when.
I slept in until noon and laid in bed until 1:00 by then I decided I should get up and do something. I turned on the computer, made Teriyaki Sauce for some chicken for dinner and then I got online. I'm thinking about making some cookies for John just to be nice, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
I should probably call the insurance company to see if they have decided who is at fault (even though WE ARE NOT) and if they expect me to pay the $500 to get my car back. I think if they do then I will seriously look into getting a lawyer because I don't think we should be found at fault because we were the ones who were at a dead stop and were hit from behind. I hate insurance companies.
But the good news is they are going to fix my car this time instead of totalling it out. I don't get a new car for Christmas, but I wont have my old car until Christmas either.
anyway, here is my Teriyaki Recipe if anyone wants to try it. It really is pretty good.

Teriyaki Sauce

¼ cup Vegetable Oil
¼ cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbl Katsup or BBQ Sauce (I prefer the BBQ sauce)
1 Tbl White Vinegar
¼ tsp Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic or ½ tsp of Garlic Powder

Mix together.
Add Chicken, cover and marinade in the fridge for at least an hour.
Cook chicken in sauce for 30 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with rice and stir-fry veggies.

I make the sauce and marinade the chicken all in the same pan I’m going to cook them in. it saves you a few dishes. :)

No comments: