Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Work Woes

So I am the Plan Lead for CHC of Oklahoma. I specifically work with a woman who we’ll call “Hilda”.
Hilda is truly coming off as a horrible person all the way around. On the phone she sounds all sweet and friendly, but in her emails and other correspondence she sounds so bitter and disgruntled and I don’t know if it’s just the email that makes her sound that way, or if she really is just that bad.
Lately she has taken to emailing my manager instead of me like my manager has the time to baby-sit me and my apparent failure to keep track of my own files. Or my lack of credentialing knowledge. It’s not like I have worked in this field for the last 5 years or that the job I came from was a million times more detailed and more difficult then this job is.
Nice that she just goes over my head and bothers the management like I am and incompetent fool who can’t count to 20 with my shoes on. ARRGH! She makes me so angry.
It’s been so bad that the Manager of Operations here at the CVC got fed up with Hilda’s over my head emails that she emailed the Oklahoma Manager stating:
“I have observed that there really seems to be a lot of conflict involved with Hilda. She has certainly NOT been the most consistent or accurate person we have dealt with for OK. Her constant attacks on Liz seem unwarranted. Truthfully, Hilda needs to get a better understanding of her role before attacking Liz. Liz might be new, but she knows her job as well as Hilda knows hers.”
I’m not a horrible person. I just can’t stand working with this woman.
Do I just invoke anger in people? Is my aura causing others to react angrily with me? Am I provoking all the evil that comes my way??

Like I had said to someone yesterday: I think that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience and love for my fellow man, but it's really hard when I hate everyone.


All views expresed are my own and not that of Coventry Health Care.

3 comments:

purplesandel said...

"I think that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience and love for my fellow man, but it's really hard when I hate everyone."
hehhehehehheh
-Carrie

Unknown said...

carrie, your mephistophelean laugh warms the cockles of my heart.

Anonymous said...

That lady sounds like a peach! I hate people as well. At some point you just decide, "who cares!" It's always nice when your bosses stand up for you though, it makes your job a little nicer. You should be extra nice to her to be funny, and it's ok if you're the only person laughing at the joke...you're blogging fans will laugh with you! hehehehe!