Thursday, November 29, 2007

The $250.00 Cookie Recipe

I'm sure that if you have an email address you have gotten this email before, or one like it about a person who asked for a recipe at a restaurant and was charged an outrageous amount and when the company wouldn't refund their money they decided to give the recipe to everyone they know and forward it to the rest of the world... Blah blah blah.

Well I'm posting this here because I like cookies (sometimes) and I figure if I put this here then I'll have it for later when John says to me… "I want some chocolate chip cookies" (usually he just wants the dough)

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES

2 cups butter
24 oz. chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these cookies really weren't that good...