Monday, November 5, 2007

Rosemary’s Baby

Rosemary’s Baby = Biggest let down ever

This movie was such a waist of my time. That’s 2 ½ hours of my life I will never get back.
This was supposed to be a scary movie. Everyone I have talked to about it have said how scary it was or house eerie it was or how suspenseful it was... no one mentioned how boring it was. Or how lame and cheesy it was. And they forgot to mention the huge plot holes and the absolute absurdity of it all.
But then again this movie was made in what? 1966?
And here I am watching it in 2007 where pregnancy is not an unspeakable taboo and the AMA, AOA, ABMS and Licensing Boards would be on a quack doctor so fast if the slightest mention of malpractice is brought up. Where I can check google.com or americanbaby.com or i-am-pregnant.com or webmd.com or any other variety of websites regarding health and pregnancy.
I think I knew more about being pregnant as a 12 year-old then Rosemary and all her friends put together knew. How can a woman be so naive and stupid when it comes to being pregnant and about her own body.
And ... what was the point of the random woman at the beginning of the movie who jumped out the window? Was it just a bonding point for Rosemary and Guy to meet the old people next door?
And ... the end scene where they are all in the neighbors house and saying: “Hail Satan!” I just laughed and laughed because that has got to be one of the cheesiest satanic parties I have ever seen.
And ... was anyone else disappointed that they didn’t show the devil baby? I was. I sat through the entire movie waiting for something evil to happen but then it just ended. That was it?

No comments: