Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Answer Your Question:

Am I having a Halloween Party this year? No.
Why? Because I don’t feel like it.
I have had all the parties at my house for the last 5 years. Canadian Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, Game Night, Movie Night, Fondue Night, etc. etc... It seems that to our friends we are the hub of social interaction. For the most part that has been just fine and I don’t mind because if people are coming to my house I don’t have to go to theirs. This way if I’m “done” I can either kick them out, or just go to bed and not lie my way out of doing something because I’d rather just be in my own home.

Don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t make me a bad person or mean that I don’t like hanging out with family or friends, it is just the fact that I think if something is going to happen or if I should die I’d just rather be in my own home and not somewhere else – Paranoia? Yes, most likely.

But this year all holidays thus far have been blown off because there’s really no one around to invite. Two friends have wives and children and in-laws and families of their own. One friend and his wife moved to another state. Another friends just thinks he’s better then us now and doesn’t want to hang out. Our single girl-friend is just a flake, but she always has been, and says she’ll come but then doesn’t. Then there is my friend who is only available once every couple of weeks because he works like 18 jobs and has a social life. So that’s it. And I always invite my sister, but she doesn’t come either.

I’ve given up. I’m to tired to host parties anymore, but now I feel bad for my husband who thrives on social interaction and I’m denying him. I know when I married him, I married his friends, but at the time I wasn’t expecting depression, chronic fatigue, and asthma to rule my life.

2 comments:

Jessica Pears said...

Your sister sounds like a real jerk. ;)

Unknown said...

She is very inconciderate. How dare she choose Heroes over me.