Monday, October 1, 2007

It's October!!


This is my favorite month! It's Halloween Time! I have always loved Halloween and I don't know why. Could it be the free Candy? Could it be the fun of Dressing up? Could it be the zombies and ghosts? Or maybe that change of season that reminds you of cold Halloween nights that beg for doughnuts and hot cider and a scary movie?? All of the above I think. I love all things Halloween. Halloween decorations and Halloween stores and Halloween fonts and the mystery ghost that leaves treats on my doorstep.
I put my first decoration up on my front windows yesterday. A set of bloody hand prints. they're awesome. I purchased them at the Spirit Halloween Store on Saturday. The store wasn't as full of fun halloweenie things this year as it has been in the past. There were a few good decorations, but I own most of them already. Oh well. Tonight I'm pulling out the Halloween boxes and putting up more decorations. I have three Halloween decoration boxes and only 2 Christmas boxes.
Oh... speaking of Halloween and ghosties and such. I saw that cat in my house again. I was cleaning out the fish tank on Saturday and John took Mahana and Noranti into the bedroom with him to watch StarGate while the gold fish were in a bucket on the floor. I knew the cats were locked away, but on one of my trips from the bathroom to the living room I saw a cat sitting next to the front door, and I just said "Hello Mahana." When I turned around again the cat was gone and I was alone in the living room. I had thought it was her and maybe she had just escaped from John.... but she hadn't I went and checked and she was still in the bedroom.
This cat that I see in my house is a large dark colored feline that I have mostly just seen in the kitchen. I haven't seen it for a few months up until Saturday. I periodically catch site of it from the corner of my eye and think it's my kitties, but then I look again and both Mahana and Noranti are on the other side of the room. But the Cat just fits nicely with the little boy in a red shirt that catches my eye periodically as well.

1 comment:

Jessica Pears said...

I'm still freaked out by the cat ghost I saw as a kid. Remind me to never come to your house. Oh and Happy October!