Thursday, October 11, 2007

I’m feeling crafty

I’ve decided that I want to make a quilt. Not just any kind of quilt though, I want to make a patchwork Halloween Quilt. And of course it’ll have to be queen size to fit on my bed.
Is this being too ambitious for me?
I haven’t made patchwork anything since my 8th grade sewing class and even that was just a 18”x18” pillow.
I don’t know if I can do it, and I bet by the time I get around to the fabric store one of two things will happen:
1) I’ll have lost the crafty desire
2) It wont be Halloween time anymore so I won’t be able to find material
The earlier of the two is usually what happens.
Besides I wouldn’t know what I was doing anyway and I don’t have a sewing machine. Do you know how much those cost?? Ouch.
Maybe if I was really good Santa would see fit to bring me one for Christmas (hint hint mom)

2 comments:

purplesandel said...

you should totally make a quilt- but you will need a sewing machine. I've made 4 and they were actually pretty easy. Granted I haven't prorgessed passed just squares. It actually helps me relax. I'm going to make another one for Chris for christmas- well, maybe. They can get preyy expensive. But not if you use the cheep stuff at walmart. Have fun!
-carrie

Jessica Pears said...

you can borrow my sewing machine (key word borrow, as I will need it back) and you can raid my fabric stash...I've got losts of orange and purple and green.