Friday, October 19, 2007

People I Miss

There is a silly saying that I hear often that kind of goes like this:
There are people who come into your life and leave, but the foot prints they leave on your heart will never go away.
I have found that to be a very true saying. I have several people who have come and gone and I haven't cared a bit, but there are other's who my heart aches for. These are just a few. If there was something I wanted to say to you, It would be this:

Dear Friend,
I just want you to know that I love you, and I miss you terribly. I hope that life has treated you well, and I hope that sometimes you think of me and wonder how I am, as I think of you all the time. I hope you are well and that nothing terrible is going on in your life, but if there is I want you to know that you are always in my prayers. I hope you grow stronger from your trials and I hope that you are a better person because of what life has taught you and what you have been through. I know I have been through a lot of crap since I saw you last, and I think I have become a better person because of it, but I also know that it has heightened a dark side of me that makes me long for happier times, like when I was with you. I want to apologize for all the times I may have been a jerk to you. I do that sometimes when I am feeling smothered or betrayed or like I can't be any closer to you because that will just hurt more when it all ends. I'm so sorry. I am also a horrible person to try to keep in touch with. I never call back and I rarely answer emails. I want you to know that when I get your emails I am happy that you still remember me and that you're still alive. I do read them. Yes, there are some of you that I miss more then other's but that doesn't mean I love you any less. I love all of you in different ways that are close to my heart. I'm sorry if I ever belittled you or if I have hurt you in anyway. I hope you can forgive me and just love me for who I was when I was with you, but I'd also like you to love me for who I am now. Remember all the times when it was you and me and we had so much fun together and how life always seemed so safe and innocent. Remember those late night talks, or those district meetings or those p-day rendezvous or the hikes in the mountains or holding hands while we fell asleep. I remember everything and I remember how much I loved you and how much I still do. Remember the poems I would write for you, or the songs on your answering machine. I would draw pictures for you and of you and I had thought I would always be with you, but for some reason you're gone and I can't change that or go back and ask you not to leave. I know I have been a jerk to and I may have done something that was hurtful or unforgivable and I am so sorry. So very sorry.
This letter seems to be going on long enough and I think I'm starting to sound more depressed then I need to. Needless to say there are so many of you that I love and miss and I wish you a happy life. I hope for you to find joy in every day. If one day we talk and if one day you remember we were friends I'll be waiting for you with open arms.
Yours Forever,
Liz

No comments: