Monday, October 1, 2007

Book Review

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke

Other then the fact that I absolutely love the name Cornelia there is nothing about this book I would recommend to others.It’s an easy read, it comes from the teen section of the book store, and I suppose that if you hadn’t been indoctrinated by the fantasy worlds of JRR Tolkien, Anne McCaffery, the Dragon Lance novels, and Dungeons and Dragons it might be okay. But to this author her Dwarves look like garden gnomes and her elves look like pixies and her dragons aren’t vicious, magical or carnivorous. (well one is, but I find his character so stupid that it’s hardly believable.)
It’s the story of a young dragon whose home is being threatened by humans so he has to fly off (and they can only fly at night) and find a mythical place called the Rim of Heaven. That part of the plot is okay. But he takes along with him a pointless character of a giant cat who can talk and a little boy they pick up on the way. They meet all sorts of useless people and mythical creatures that as I mentioned before are not what she says they are. And the whole story has no point.

All in all I hate the book.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

Liz,

Love your blog. So incredibly random. So incredibly Liz. It really brightens my day, bitterness and all.

Alesha