Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cough, Cough, Cough

It's Saturday night and my husband has gone to Provo to go to Priesthood Conference with his dad and older brother. I am home alone and it is so nice. I never do get a lot of alone time because it seems that someone is always around. but I'm enjoying this.
I tried watching Conference today, but I took 2tsp of my hydrocodone cough syrup at 7:30 am and was in and out of consciousness until about 2:30. I was awake long enough to see who they added to the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12.
Why do I have such massive cough syrup you ask?
I have had a cold since Labor Day that just doesn't want to go away. I cough and sneeze and wheeze and creek all day and all night long. John has severe sleep deprivation because of the sounds I make all night. I even bother the cats so they have to jump on the bed and check me out when I'm making such horrible sounds.
I have even even woken myself up coughing once in a while and it really sucks. I hate being sick. The other day my wheezing woke me up from a nap because in my head it sounded like screaming children and it was making me angry.
So here I am now @ 6 pm deciding if I should take more of the syrup and just go back to bed. Why not, John wont be home for another 3 hours at least.
I do feel like I'm sleeping my life away though because I work all week waiting for the weekend and then all I do is sleep so I miss the whole thing anyway.

No comments: