Wednesday, October 17, 2007

When I said I was crafty, I didn't mean THAT kind of crafty

So before the pet store incident last night, I went to the fabric store. I bought 5 yards of various Halloween material and 1 "fat quarter" bundle of fall colored material (oranges, blues, browns) I didn't find any nice reds or oranges though so I may have to head to Wal-Mart or Ben Franklin's too see what they have to offer me.
Also on this here shopping trip to the fabric store I purchased myself a rolling blade to cut my fabric and a board and ruler to use with it. I don't know what their technical names are. And then to top it all off I bought myself my very first sewing machine! YAY! It's name is "The Mighty Mender" sure it only does like two kinds of stitches straight and zig-zag, but that's about all I need for this project.
I was reading it's instruction manual last night and got a little worried about how well the machine will work because the spelling of the instruction manual was atrocious. I had to wonder if they put as much quality testing into the machine as they put proof reading their manual. yikes! but all in all the machine only cost me $24 so I don't feel like I'll be out too much if it kills over on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hate sewing!