Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Parties

Last night John and I went to our first Halloween party together (that we haven't had to host) in 6 years.
The last one was hosted by one of my former companions at her parents house where she introduced her mission friends to her home friends, people I like to call the "Hill People" because of where they live in Bountiful - it was a good party. John and I were dressed in matching clothes. Like people from the 60's. I don't really know what we were, maybe Donnie and Marie, maybe Austin Powers, who knows, I just know that we were cute, but we always are. :)
Last night, the party was at the "White House" it was a blast. It was a costume party, but there were a lot of people who didn't show up in costume. Of course I went as a pirate (arrrgh!) and John was dressed as "V" from V for Vendetta. The party started early but we showed up fashionably late. Pulling up to the house in the first place it wasn't hard to guess where the party was, there were more Halloween decorations then I think I've seen at most stores. There was a grave yard and a blow-up mummy on the front lawn and an awesome blow-up skull with a spider on top of the porch and the lights up the walk way were skull heads in lanterns. And there was no shortage of screaming rocks warning you to beware. By the time we got to the house there were about a billion little kids running amuck in the back yard where there was the doughnut on the string game and bobbing for apples. In one corner of the yard was a Gigantic blow-up haunted house, which by-the-way is one of the coolest things ever, and in the other corner of the yard was yet another cemetery and a blow-up horse drawn hearse that was pretty awesome too. Inside the house there was all sorts of fun too. I was impressed at the abundant amount of Halloween decorations that Penny had. So many that it made me quite jealous, but one day that'll be me. I'm guessing that the party was mostly for the granddaughter and her little friends it was totally cute with all these little kids in their costumes running around. There was a craft room set aside for decorating foam pumpkins and/or doing Halloween sand art. They also took every ones pictures as you came and then printed them out and let everyone make their own picture frames. Seriously, when I say they went all out for this party, they went ALL OUT. There was Halloween themed food with mummy sandwiches, little weenie rolls shaped like toes and mummies and spiders and there was pudding and chili and chips and spinach dip... mmmmm. I was certainly enjoying myself. Later in the evening after most of the children had gone home there was a Wii Bowling tournament and John won 2nd place on that. They had a costume contest where john walked away with best costume. So in the end John took home 2 trophies and I just got the standard prizes, but that's okay.
It really was just a great time all around. I got to hang out with my brother and my husband, dress as a pirate and enjoy a party I wasn't in charge of. It was an excellent night. We just had a really great time. So if you had been invited and you didn't come, you really missed out and next time you should make time. :)

No comments: