Friday, October 26, 2007

2007 Horror Movie Month Reviews

Every year John and I Celebrate what we call "Halloween Movie Month" and we try to watch new and different horror movies that we haven't seen before. True, we don't remember what we watch from year to year but for the most part we seem to do pretty well.
This month used to only be the month of October, but since we have so much fun with it the past few years it has started at the beginning of September.

I have compiled a partial list here of what we have watched this past Movie Month - I know I'm missing a few and there are some on there that we didn't watch this year, but that I thought were worth mentioning:

My Rating System:

Bleh – Bad. Wouldn’t recommend
Meh – neither bad nor good just “meh”
Okay – maybe I’d watch it again
Great – Loved It! I’d Probably Buy it
Freaky – Bothered me
Yikes – Stay Away from this one
Dumb – Self explanatory
Pending – Still waiting to be watched

~+~+~+~

John Carpenter’s Ghosts of Mars (2001) – Bleh
The Swamp Thing (1982) – Meh
An American Haunting (2005) – Meh
The Legend of Hell House (1973) – Okay
Invasion of the Pod People (2007) – Bleh/Yikes
John Carpenter’s The Thing (1998) – Okay
Shaun of the Dead (2004) – Great
Session 9 (2001) – Okay
White Noise (2005) – Freaky
The Haunting (1999) – Dumb
Silent Hill (2006) – Meh/Freaky
Jason X (2001) – Great
The Gate (1987) – Okay
28 Days Later (2002) – Meh
Wait Until Dark (1967) – Great
Sleepy Hollow (2000) – Great
Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) – Great
Cursed (2005) – Okay
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949) – Great
Hellraiser (1987) – Bleh
Slither (2006) – Okay
The Covenant (2006) – Pending
Rose Mary’s Baby (1968) – Pending

~+~

3 comments:

purplesandel said...

rosemary's baby is freaky

purplesandel said...

Got one more for you to try:
"Hot Fuzz"
by they same folks who did
"Shaun of the Dead"
In fact, I liked it better.

Unknown said...

I loved Hot Fuzz that I think is the greatest movie of the year.