Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nightmares

I don’t usually have bad dreams. Once in a while I have a disturbing dream or one that someone else would term as a “bad dream” that I just shrug off as just another dream.
However, last night I watched a movie called Silent Hill.
For the most part I thought the movie was dumb and it had no real ending to it. It’s about a lady who has an adopted daughter that has nightmares about a place called Silent Hill so she decides to take the kid to this place thinking that it would help her. Silent Hill is an abandoned ghost town that is constantly burning due to a fire in the coal mine that the town is built on.
Anyway it turns out that this mother & daughter are in a different dimension and the mom has to go through all this horror to find the little girl before she’s burned as a witch by a bunch of weirdoes. In the movie there are burnt up coal zombies and people being ripped apart by possessed barbed wire and a creepy little demon girl that sort of reminded me of my niece Erin.
So yeah, the movie was dumb. But for some reason I had nightmares about it all night. For the most part every time I closed my eyes the creepy little girl was standing over me staring. And when it wasn’t her it was burnt up coal zombies. Several times during the night I had to sing myself primary songs to go back to sleep.
I have seen many horror movies, and I don’t remember any giving me nightmares and causing me to lose sleep. Even White Noise which freaked me out hasn’t caused me to lose sleep. And Scream wasn’t a pleasant movie either and gave me fears of people/things waiting for me in the dark, but no bad dreams.

No comments: