Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ode to Nicole

My first attempt at poetry in a little over 8 years. Nicole don’t be embarrassed, and everyone else don’t laugh too hard.

Ode to Nicole on her 16th Birthday
(a little late)
By: Aunt Liz

Wow, You’re sixteen!
Time has flown it seems
You were such a cute little baby
When your mom & Ray were still a maybe
I recall your toothless grin
You were so cute with drool on your chin
I once shared all my toys
But now you’re only interest is boys
You were a cute little girl
Tending you was such a whirl
Your nose it wrinkles when you smile
It's something I've missed for a while
You’ve grown so tall
You’ve grown so pretty
All the time without you has been a pity
You’re so smart
You’re so chic
You’ve finally hit your teenage peak
Please drive safe
Please date smart
Because My Nicole is a work of art.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet poem, good job Liz, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!!

M.O.M. said...

Way to go... make me cry....