Friday, December 7, 2007

So far....

So far this month I have been to 2 Christmas parties already.

The first party was on December 1st - This was my husband's families party. I'm assuming that it was so early because Aunt Patti just wanted to get it done and over with, and I can't blame her for that one. I'd just like to get this whole season over and done with as soon as possible (that's why ALL my Christmas shopping is done as of yesterday). This Christmas party was fine and dandy - first off the invitation said be there at 5:00 pm. So we were, but most of the rest of the family didn't show up until closer to 6. As is tradition at the Page Family Christmas there were 2 craft tables - One where each family could make one Christmas ornament and decorate a gift bag, and the other had family home evening activities that you could color and put together. Then there are the yearly gingerbread cookies made by Grandma Page that everyone gets to decorate and take home for your very own. The party includes a pot-luck dinner of soups and salads and chips and then various desserts. I was in charge of bringing a bag of rolls this year, I brought 2. after dinner there is the gift exchange - everyone brings a $1 gift and then they were given out at random. Usually this is where the family plays musical gifts, or they tell the "left" or "right" story and every time you hear the word "left" or "right" that's the way to pass the gift and that is how they are dispersed. This year instead of the story all the children under 12 were given elf hats and they handed out all the gifts. Then while we sang 2 Christmas carols they little kids could take away any gift they wanted to and replace it with someone else's present. Thus creating pure chaos. But in the end every one ended up with a present. I got a Christmas candy tray, and John ended up with a plastic airplane. When that was over they said everyone could just hang out and talk for a while, but no sooner was that said then people started putting away all the chairs and tables leaving nowhere for anyone to "hang out and talk for a while" so that is the end of the party. This is a picture of me and John taken on December 1st at the party by his cousin Alesha.

The second Christmas Party was John's work Christmas party. This was on December 4th which was a Tuesday. They held it at the Lion House this year in downtown Salt Lake. I had never eaten at the Lion house before so it was new and exciting for me. I had Beef Wellington for Dinner. There were also endless rolls a salad, and cheese cake for dessert (yum!) I love cheese cake. Then there was some talking and blah blah blah about how hard the guys work this year and then the guy who drives the garbage truck sang two songs. One was Oh, Holy Night and the other song I didn't know. He did a very good job, but he was very nervous so he was very quiet - I'd be nervous if I was singing in front of a bunch of guys I worked with too. And that was the end of that party.

Now there are only 2 more I have to go to before Christmas is over. We are going to the Forgotten Carols tonight, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert on the 13th so there is still plenty of Christmas stuff ahead of me…

The end.

No comments: