Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Holiday "getting to know you"

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
hot chocolate or eggnog ... it's a toss up.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
wrapped presents are more fun

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I prefer white lights, but colored lights are cute and are growing on me.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I will

5. When do you put your decorations up?
December ... I put it off as long as possible

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
deep fried turkey

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I don't know... maybe going to grandma's house and being allowed to take one toy with us.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I have always known that there is no Santa. but I would like to believe.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, we have always had a family party of Christmas eve where we were given a present to open. But we never got to open one from home.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
with ornaments ??

11. Snow, love it or hate it?
I love the snow. but more importantly I love it when it snow so much I don't have to go to work.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes

13. Favorite gift?
my phantom of the opera music boxes ... or my Anne of Green Gables books

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
when people give me money... just kidding - being with the ones I love

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
pumpkin pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
family name presents

17. What tops your tree?
a paper star that John and I made almost 4 years ago when we were forced out of our apartment for Christmas (mold problem) and all we had was our bed our TV and our tiny tree in the apartment 2 doors down.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
receiving

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Peace Carol - John Denver & the Muppets

20. Candy canes:
sometimes

21. Favorite Christmas movie:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas and/or It's a Wonderful Life

22. What do you leave for Santa?
Exactly what he leaves for me... Nothing.

No comments: