Monday, December 17, 2007

The Coat

I have a new coat. Well it's not really a new coat, I claimed it from my mother last winter, but it's taken this long for me to wear it, or for people to notice. The outside of this coat is brown suede and the inside is brown and furry.
I like furry things for some reason.
The other night as John and I were standing in line for the MoTab Christmas Concert and the lady in front of me was wearing a big black fury coat, and I said to john "I just want to rub my face in that lady's coat" and he told me that I should not. He didn't want us to get arrested for harassment. He also thought that was a bizarre thing for me to be saying.
And then on Friday I made him buy me a furry throw blanket for my Christmas present... why this sudden fascination with fur? I'm not sure.
I am thinking that it all stems back to my mother's fur coat. No, it wasn't real fur, it wasn't even a good faux fur, but it was big, black and furry. I remember that she had that coat for years, I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was still in her closet, I loved that coat.
I recall playing with it. When my sister and I could wear it around pretending to be bears.  But most of all I remember laying wrapped up in it on my moms bed, or on top of the vent.
I have always wanted a fur coat of my own, but this furry lined coat is as close as I have come so far.

2 comments:

Jessica Pears said...

Yay! The Furry Coat! This memory has made my day. I have fond memories of the big fur coat!

M.O.M. said...

I too remember the fur coat. I bet it is hanging next to my wedding dress I cannot convince mom to destroy. Somebody ought to get brave and look.