Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Weekend in Movies

Hellboy II - Another comic book movie for the summer blockbuster season. Hellboy was great. I am quite fond of the large red demon form the hell dimension. He's such a softy :) He has been prophesied to destroy the world, but he files down his horns and works with the good guys in an attempt to save the world instead. The movie was very good. Action packed and entertaining. The bad guy could have been more menacing as he really had about the same scariness about him as Ewan McGregor but not half as good looking. I would recommend this movie to anyone who would like a good comic book action flick.
 
Waitress - What to say about this movie... It was recommended to us by a couple of our friends whose opinion we take seriously so when they told us this was a good movie we rented it. And it was okay. I don't think I'll ever watch it again but it was okay. It's the story of a waitress who is in a terrible marriage who is pregnant and she becomes friends with Andy Griffith who is Joe the owner of the restaurant where she works making pies. She has an affair with her doctor and somewhere along the line learns to stick up for herself and show a little back bone. I'm not going to recommend this movie to anyone. I'm simply stating that I saw it.

No comments: