Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Friday.... FINALLY!

I haven't been able to decide if this week has been so long because I've been so sick or because of my lack of sleep or because I've been waiting for 9:15 pm tonight.
 
Probably a combination of all of the above.
 
I'm very excited to be going to Washington tonight. I can't wait to see my sister and the baby, and the other people at her house too. I haven't been to Washington yet due to unforeseen circumstances in the past so this is my first trip up and hopefully next time I'll be able to take my cute husband with me.
 
Tonight we're going to see WANTED before taking me to the airport since it's silly to drive all the way home and back, especially with gas prices the way they are. We're trying our best to limit travel as much as possible so this is just better for us. Why aren't we seeing BATMAN, you may ask.... Well we had originally bought tickets to the 5:40 showing and the movie is 2½ hours long and that would not get me to the airport in time, so we sold our tickets to a friend and picked a new movie to see. Loran will have to let me know how it was...
 
We wanted to see WANTED anyway so this just presented us with an opportunity that we opted to take. I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
 
 ... ... ... ... ...
 
And Finally - Here is a list of Movies I have watched this week:
 
Tristan & Isolde - I love this movie!
Underworld - This is a good vampire flick but the leading man could have been much better looking.
Underworld: Evolution - A good follow-up to the first one continuing the story but to me there are a lot of inconsistencies in the story and the ending is confusing to me. (beware absurdly long sex scene, close your eyes)
The Dark Crystal - This movie is still great, but not as great as I remember it being as a kid. The story is told by a narrator mostly that is frustrating to me, and it just takes too long for Jen to figure out what needs to be done even though it's made clear to him several times. Ugh! but still a great movie.
Big Trouble in Little China - Kurt Russell and his mullet. This movie is so cheesy, but I always find myself watching it when it's on TV.
Mystery Men - Too funny. I love this movie (minus The Spleen) it makes me laugh every time.
10 Things I Hate About You - One of Health Ledger's earlier works. This movie is The Taming of the Shrew modernized for teenagers. It's a memorable film and we had to add it to our movie collection this week because we were reminded that we both love it.
 

1 comment:

Loran said...

Liz, Batman was great!!! I loved it. The story was terrific, and the acting superb. As for Heath as the Joker... Heath has taken Physcho to a new and terrifying level. OMG! He was brilliant. You really like the Joker in this movie. The best part is, the joker is in the majority of the movie. Heath delivers the one liners with perfect timing. You almost fall in love with the man. It is a must see even if you are not a Batman fan.