Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Sickness of the Month:

This should be a monthly topic to see what Liz has this month ... This month the Illness of choice (or not by choice) is:

 

Giardiasis - 

What is giardiasis?

 

Giardiasis (say "jee-ar-DYE-uh-sus") is an infection of the intestines caused by the parasite Giardia lamblia.

The illness, also called giardia, is most often a problem in undeveloped countries where tap water is not safe.   

 

??

 

So I guess the question that remains unanswered is ... How did I get it?

I guess it's time to invest in a Brita.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I have a friend who's 4 year old got that. I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

The question of how you got it is a good one. I thought that was something you get from drinking out of ponds and streams. It's like a worm isn't it?