Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Book Review

The Mammoth Book of the Titanic

Compiled by: Jeff Tibballs

 

I feel like I have been reading this book forever. I got it for Christmas a few years ago and it has lived in the bathroom ever since. :)

I am utterly fascinated by the Titanic. The story of the ship, who built it, how it was built, why it was built. All the rich and glorious people on board and the horrors of the 3rd Class passengers and the bravery and selfishness and the selflessness and everything in between.

This is one of the most educational books I have read about the titanic. It contains the personal accounts of people who were on the ship and also the investigations that went into why it sunk. In the back it has passenger lists, Death lists, survivor lists... It’s awesome.

I’m a little sad that I finished it after all this time, but that leaves me wide open to read it again or to peruse the book story for something else about the Titanic that is just as fascinating.

No comments: