Monday, July 7, 2008

it's about time

Wow. I have really slacked off on keeping up on my blogging. You'd think that real life had gotten in the way or something. :) Well, I'll try and fill in the gaps and keep my readers entertained.
 
hmmm... lets see....
 
Our 4th of July weekend was nice. We went to the parade with my family in the morning on the unshaded corner that we always sit on. the temperature was varying between 92 and 98 degrees according to the bank sign across the street. Thank goodness for a breeze and over cast skies.
 
Then it was off to the In-Laws for family fun with a BBQ and homemade Ice Cream. Yum. That was fun and it was even more fun this year because one of my most favorite people joined us for the afternoon festivities. Holly! She's such a sport to put up with me some times.
 
The fireworks were nice. I had to laugh at the loser who was announcing the festivities for the city. He made everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to America. That was quite absurd.
 
Then it was back to the In-Laws for more fun with fireworks. I don't think we got home until 1 am! That is way to late for me to be awake. As Saturday proved when I got up at 10 am and took a nap by 1 pm and then had to wake up at 5 to go back to the In-Laws for dinner (again).
 
Sunday was much the same as Saturday. Except that we had to go visit the Bishop. We are now Co-Team Teachers for the 15-16 year old Sunday school class. Yay for us. But it's getting us back to church so I guess I can't really complain. Then we went to sacrament meeting and then came home for more napping.
 
Then I didn't get to fall asleep until after 1 am so when the alarm went off this morning it was murder to try and get me out of bed. John didn't make it out of bed this morning so he got to say home and do the chores. So my lawn has been mowed, the dishes have been done the floors have been vacuumed and the bathroom has been scrubbed ...  now all I have to do is sprinkler placement and our house will be up to it's usual standard.... except for the birds that are bombing the back of our house with poo for some stupid reason.
 
Does anyone know what is the best way to kill box elder bugs?
We have a billion of them and nothing seems to work.
 
so there is life

2 comments:

Geoffrey said...

i would step on them........or you can just move to tennessee.......we don't have box elder bugs.....or let mahana eat them.....

ScottBoomer said...

You forgot to mention all the candy SOMEONE gave you during the parade.