Monday, April 21, 2008

This weekend.

We went to Kyle & Jane's wedding on Friday morning. It was very nice. Me and John had never been to the Manti Temple before so this was a first for us. We didn't get to do a session there due to time restraints, but I think we'll be going back one of these days. After all it is only a 2 hour drive and if I can get a hotel room for $66.00 I'm okay with that.
Thursday seemed like a very long day ... I was late coming back from lunch so I had to be late leaving in the afternoon so we ended up in the middle of rush hour traffic heading south which didn't clear up until we were south of Provo. Ugh! I hate Utah County. but after that point the drive wasn't so bad. I do need to complain about the FM Receiver I bought for my iPod .... it only worked between Spanish Fork and Manti - even though the website said that there are stations all over that you can use for it. That's a lie and I feel ripped off.
Half way there I realized that I forgot our camera - Did I need my camera? Not really, but I always like taking pictures on our random road trips. So when we got to Ephraim we stopped at Wal-Mart and bought some disposable cameras and Marvel Alliance for John's Wii.
We finally got to Manti around 6:00 pm and made our way to the Bed & Breakfast that we were supposed to be staying in with the family but no one was there, and all the doors were locked so we couldn't get in. No sooner did we pull away for the B&B then we got a call stating that the grooms brother had checked in and locked up on his way out and they were all in Castledale another 2 hour drive from Manti and wouldn't be getting back until 10 ... isn't that just nice.
Everything in Manti closes at like 5:00 so there was NOTHING to do. All the tourist spots were closed. All the stores were closed. All the restaurants were closed - except for one where we ended up for dinner with hamburgers and greasy fries.
There are 2 hotels in town. One little run down hut that was offering rooms with cable for $28.00 a night and the other nicer looking one that was the Manti Country Village Motel "C.T.R." - well this motel still not up to Holiday Inn standards was where we ended up staying for the low rate of $66.15 for a room with one queen bed and a TV that was older then I am and only 2 pillows. This hotel did have cable though, and Wi-Fi so john surfed channels while I responded to email and played on FaceBook for a few minutes.
Friday we woke up at 7. It was nice to sleep in a little. The wedding was at 9 am so we had to be at the Temple by 8:30. John and I are used to waking up at 5:30 and being ready and out the door by 6 so today like any other day we were dressed, ready and out the door by 7:30 without even realizing it. We grabbed our continental breakfast from the lobby and got to the temple with 45 minutes to spare ... So we sat in the car for a half hour eating our muffins and talking for a while. Finally at 8:15 we decided that we could go in and wait. So we did. Kyle's Dad showed up with his grandma right about that time, and his friend Matt and his wife also got there at the same time that we did so we weren't as early as we thought we were going to be.
The ceremony was really short. The sealer wasn't as long winded as other's I have heard, but it was all very good. We were out of the temple and on the the picture taking by about 9:45. We hung out for pictures. I look like I dork in all of them because my transition lenses were dark so I look like I'm wearing my sunglasses in all of the photos we were in. That's really classy. http://picasaweb.google.com/eggs447/EgglestonWedding
We hung out until about 10:30 when the pictures were getting to the finished point and we headed home.
We had plans to go to an indoor football game Friday night and we wanted to get home and have a nap before we were off again. We got home around 1:20 and so I laid down for a nap and John put his new game in the Wii and that is how we spent our afternoon. Our friends had previously told John that they would meet us in SLC at 6 so we could park and have time to walk to the ESA and be in our seats before the game started.. so we went into SLC at 5 so we could have dinner and be ready to me them when the time come. I made a call at 6 to see where they were and they hadn't even left Clinton yet. So we went to the Church History Museum for a while to waste some time.
They finally came and it turns out that their baby-sitter was late so that threw everything off. We made it to the ESA just after kick off. The game was pretty good up until half time when the Blaze decided that they didn't want to play any more and they lost. That is the worst team I have ever had to watch.
After all that we finally got home around Midnight and went to sleep.
Saturday we stayed in bed until 10. I went grocery shopping and made crock pot stew. We went to Kyle and Jane's reception in Fruit Heights at 6:00 and we hung out for an hour waiting to see if anyone else would show up, but no one did so we were done and decided to go to Lari's house to see our Lucy and watch their video from their trip to the United Kingdom. That was fun. Lari is so funny she sounded like she had such a good time. I'm totally jealous and now I want to go on a trip too. Again we didn't get home until after 10:30 and we were tired so we went to bed.
Sunday ... hmmm Sunday.... well we didn't get up until after 10 again. After showering we decided that we didn't want to go to church so we got dressed in our jeans and went back to bed where we watched StarGate SG-1: Season 7 all day. Until of course I decided that it was nap time then I went to sleep and John played his video game again.
Yesterday also happened to be John's grandma's birthday so we went to her house and had dinner and hung out with the family for a while. When that was done we went back home and guess what we did ... I checked my email, posted a video, John wandered aimlessly until I was done and then we went back to bed. Well, I went to bed and read the end of The Magician's Nephew (which was a very good book) for a hour and then went to sleep... and John sat on the other side of the bed and played Marvel Alliance until midnight (or later.)
and now here we are, Monday morning again and another week a head of us.

No comments: