Monday, April 28, 2008

Poetry in motion

I have recently discovered my portfolio with all of my poetry and some from other people, and I love it. I love the dark twisted person that comes from behind the words and screams for someone to notice them. Was that really me? Is that me still? who knows. All I know is that my darkness makes me smile and I laugh at what I thought was pain as a teenage girl. how little I knew of what life had in tore for me later.... This particular poem caught my attention today as I was looking for something to post. I wrote it on my birthday in 1996 during creative writing class and I again wonder what my teacher thought of me and my mental state. I guess I was positive enough to the outside world that it may have appeared I was a normal person.

Without further ado here is my birthday poem in all it's glory:


Happy Birthday
elizabeth pears 1996

The sin of the eye
Compared to the hand
Blinking
Beating
Fluttering in the snow
I see.
I see you,
Laughing
Cold
Empty
Laughs –
I see.
I see the chupacabra
Sucking blood
Sucking goats -
Goats blood
Blood sucking Vampire -
Ripping the veins
Death
Dying
Dead
Cold
Frozen
Unthaw.
Like children
Playing
In a dark
December river
Flowing
And not moving
Like tears in unfeeling eyes



~*~

No comments: