Monday, April 14, 2008

Movies and TV Shows

We've been busy the past few weeks so we haven't had time to sit around and mindlessly watch movies ... however we have had tome to sit around and mindlessly watch DVD's of TV shows that we love.
 
StarGate SG-1: Season 6 - This was a pretty good season. It had a lot of foreshadowing into the next 4 seasons that I would never have noticed if we weren't watching the seasons backwards :) Season 6 was missing Dr. Daniel Jackson after he Ascended in the end of Season 5 (we haven't watched that yet) but he was replaced by none other then Parker Lewis himself - Corin Nemic - His name on StarGate was Jonas Quin. I really enjoyed his character and his newness to the show. He stepped in and took Daniel Jackson's place after Daniel sacrificed himself to save Jonas' home planet. He's a cutie, but the  whole time I was waiting for Mikey and the Kobe to show up and the synchronizing of swatches.... Wow, that makes me feel old thinking of shows that haven't even been on TV of the last 13 years. yikes!
 
StarGate SG-1: Season 7 - Guess who shows up in the first episode of season 7? Daniel Jackson. The Ascended sent him back to the mortal realm after he stepped in to help his friends (which is forbidden by the rules of the Ascended) But it's good to have him back, but sadly that meant it was the end of Jonas Quin who went back to his planet to help restore peace after a terrible war. There are several episodes in season 7 that are just about Daniel Jackson - It makes us think that he is a Diva needing not only to come back to the show, but to have it revolve around him most of the time. Oy!
 
The Muppet Show: Season 2 - Season 2 was great to watch. There were so many more special guests that we knew - and as I have said several times before ... we just love the moppets and are very happy to add this to our collection for future children :)
 
 
And the movies we watched:
 
Moulin Rouge - This is an oldie, but a goodie. Moulin Rouge came out while I was still on my mission so all I could do was walk past the posters in the Metro Stations and whish that I could watch it. It was the second movie I saw when I got home, but it was on video and it just didn't have the right effect on a little 27" television as I thought it should have had seeing it in the theater. Finally after nearly 7 years later we were able to watch it on a huge flat screen plasma television and I just want to say ....  it was AWESOME! I love this movie anyway, but watching it on a huge TV really helped give it that large theater production that we missed by being missionaries.
 
Enchanted - But only the first 20 minutes.... We were baby-sitting and the grandparents came home and wanted to watch the movie so we left it with them. This movie is adorable! I fell in love with it at the theater and still think it's totally cute. By-The-Way, Scott, Lucy LOVED it. This movie totally held her attention. She was mad at me for the moment, but as soon as the movie started she settled right down and watched it till grandma came home.

No comments: