Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reviews

It's been a while since I gave my opinion on movies so here is what we have watched lately ...
 
Movies Watched:
 
Red Sonia - Meh - So Cheesy and so '70's. Eek! 
 
Bourne Ultimatum - Okay - these movies are all the same. if you have seen one you have seen them all.
 
Chaos - Okay - better then War, but not as good as Crank.
 
Nanny Diaries - Okay - this movie was cute. A very girly movie.
 
War - Bleh - this was not even close to what I expected a Jet Li and "Handsome Rob" movie to be. I wanted action and lots of killing but it came up short... very short.
 
Shrek III - Meh - I am not really a fan of the Shrek movies. They're okay, but not my cup of tea.
 
Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer - Okay/Great - I really liked it. I would buy it for my super hero movie collection, but John didn't like it so much. He has his super hero ideals that ruin a movie for him when the non-superhero literate find the movie to be just fine.
 
Beowulf - Okay - We watched the unrated version. I don't know what this movie was like in the theaters, but last night it was awfully bloody. I know nothing of the story of Beowulf so the movie was neither good nor bad as related to the original.
 
TV Shows Watched:
 
The Tick: Season 1 - Great - This cartoon is funny. a little absurd at times, but it makes us laugh.
 
The Muppet Show: Season 1 - Great - Season 1 was full of special guests that we had never heard of... except maybe a few, but the Muppets are classic. The same stupid jokes I heard as a child are still funny today. This has been a good investment for our family.
 
The Muppet Show: Season 2 - Great - It's nice to know that even the Muppets can still make us laugh. Season 2 has more special guests that we have heard of.
 
StarGate SG-1: Season 10 - Great - This is the end of the series, but not the end of the story. Due to many plot lines that were left unfinished when the SiFi Network didn't renew there are several movies being released on DVD to tie up lose ends. I personally enjoyed the episode in season 10 where the team was stuck in a time loop and lived their entire lives stuck on a ship only to have time reversed at the end of the episode and the lives they lived for 50 years were erased and only Teal'c was left old and a ensign to them to not repeat the past. Loved it.
 
StarGate SG-1: Season 9 - Great - Enter Lieutenant Coronal Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) funny that he and Vala  (Claudia Black) should show up at the same time. It gave StarGate a very Farscape feel to it, and we have often called it FarGate for lack of difference between the two shows. Still great though.
 
StarGate SG-1: Season 8 - Great - This was General Jack O'Neill's (Richard Dean Anderson a.k.a. MacGyver) final season with SG-1 and let me tell you, this season was awesome. I personally enjoy the final episode(s) where they're time traveling and have to reset the time line that the screwed up. It's classic.
 
 

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Good to know that SciFi did well in the final seasons of SG-1. We're currently catching up on it via Netflix. We're on Season 8 now. We've seen most of it before, but it has been so long we decided to revisit season 8 before moving on. I'm excited to see what happens next. :)

Anonymous said...

I just started season 9... after watching seasons 1-8... I'm still trying to decide if I like what I've seen in season 9 so far... it's different. That's for sure.