Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hi Everyone -

I'm passing on the information that I have learned, so listen very carefully for I shall say this only once.

I talked to Andrew yesterday (Michelle Huppi's husband if you didn't know) and the prognosis is bad, very bad.
What happened you ask? They don't really know. Michelle had been feeling very sick this past weekend and Andrew had stayed up to make sure she was okay. She stopped breathing Sunday night around 3 am and Andrew had to do CPR while he waited for the ambulance to come. Once she was evaluated by the EMT's they called in life flight to get her to the Twin Falls hospital. Monday they did an EEG to check her brain function and the brain was still firing at that point, but when they did another on Tuesday there was very little activity.
The family met with the Neurologist last night and Andrew told me that she is beyond even a miracel now. The only parts of her brain that are still functioning are the frontal lobe and the cerebellum which controls her breathing and her heart. They could keep her on life support for an indefinite amount of time, but he doesn't want to do that. This is probably the end of Michelle Huppi. What caused it? They're not really sure, it all theories now, but her potassium was very low.
Andrew said that if anyone wants to see her before she goes then your best bet is to come to the hospital withing the next few days. She is at St. Luke's Magic Valley Hospital in Twin Falls, ID it is located at 650 Addison Avenue West. She is in the ICU. If the family is not in the waiting room then pick up the service phone and the hospital staff will help you.
I have contact information for Andrew, if you would like it please contact me. I do not have anyway of contacting President Crouch, if anyone knows how to contact him please let me know, or pass this information on to him directly, I'm sure the Crouch's would like to know.
Please pass this message to all the DC South Missionaries that you think should know. I'm sure this will be followed up soon by funeral plans so stay tuned. I really am at a loss for words on this, Michelle was my favorite companion and one of my best friends. I'm sure there are other's who fell the same. I'm sure her family thanks you for your prayers.
I'll pass on any other information I get, but for now this is all.

3 comments:

Alesha said...

Just checked my email. This is awful! I can't believe this could come so quickly. I'm just heartbroken about this. If you need anything, please let me know.

Jessica Pears said...

This makes me very sad. Please let me know if you need anything...I know how much you loved "Huppi."

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry....You and her family are all in my thoughts and prayers.
~Carrie