Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Woe is Me ....

Robert Jordan DIED on Sunday September 16, 2007.

12 YEARS!! That’s how long I have spent reading the Wheel of Time book series, books Zero (the prequel) to 11, plus the companion volume The World of the Wheel of Time and the comic book series New Spring that was short lived and only half finished.... 12 years *Sob Sob*

So I was introduced to this book series back in 1996 by a missionary friend (Elder McGee) He was adamant that I read these books because they were the greatest. At that time I believe there were only 6 or 7 of them. It took a while but I was finally convinced and I picked up Book One: The Eye of the World and I was hooked. Books 1-5 were really good, but Book Six started to get a little if-y on whether or not I wanted to keep reading. The writing just seemed to go down hill from there. It was like there was a lot of description and not enough action or plot and it took 4 books to actually move the plot along. It was getting very frustrating. When Book Ten was released it was so so and again I questioned my desire to read any further. Finally when Book Eleven was released the plot moved and I found that I still cared about the characters that had become so hum drum in the past few books and the plot was restored and moved and things were accomplished.... and now this. *Sigh*

It is quite disappointing to have spent so much time on something and now there seems to be no end to it. I suppose that someone whether it be his wife or personal assistant will finish the last book, but that has yet to be seen. I guess it’s time to start reading some new books.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

This SUCKS! Dan finally convinced me to start book one. I just told him about this, and he says maybe the wife will finish it. I guess he knew he was going to die and left information to finish the series. Hopefully that's the case.

Alesha