Wednesday, September 19, 2007

International Talk Like A Pirate Day!!

Today, September 19th, is International talk like a Pirate Day. This be me favorite day of de year, arrgh.

Me t’inks it starrrted back when I were a young lass when me older sister tried to convince me to be warin’ an eye patch for me cross-eyed self. But ever since those youngin days I be wantin’ to be a Pirate when I grows up.

I dressed like a pirate many a halloweens (and not on halloweens as well) I even be dressed like a pirate for work today. I own me own sword (though be it plastic) and a flag too (yep that be plastic as well) and me very own puffy sleeved shirt for yar enjoyment.
I have a Fisher Price Pirate Ship stashed away in me cedar box and buckles on me shoes.

However last year talk like a pirate day was interrupted by me little sister having a brain tumor but even though she was in ICU and doped up on all sorts of drugs the first thing she said to me when I walked in her hospital room was “Arrgh, I’ve got a tumor” She be a true pirate in her heart that day.

I feel very deprived that I have only known of this day for a few years now. It could have been being celebrated for years now. Garrr.

Remeber:
Pillage FIRST
THEN Burn

No comments: