Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jasper

I bought myself a teddy bear from ZCMI back in 1998 that reminded me of Tom and gave it to my mom to save for Christmas. She forgot about it and so did I. Many months later my mom found the bear and gave it to me on a rather down day. My sister had left on her mission and my Tom had moved to California and I was all alone. When she gave me Jasper (that was his name) I loved him very much. I slept with him every night for almost 5 years. I took him everywhere with me even on my mission. When I got home I married John and he was very jealous of this bear. Eventually, for the love of John I gave up my Jasper to a former companion whom I deemed worthy of taking care of the bear I loved. He now lives in Blanding, UT and I still miss him. John has bought me several bears to replace Jasper. He even bought me a brand new Jasper and a mini Jasper, but they aren’t Jasper.

No comments: