Friday, September 21, 2007

Ten Years After High School

How was the reunion? well, Tom and Ashley were great. We three and John went to the Saturday night dinner at the high school because Ashley and Tom both had something on the Friday night, so I forked over $60 for a yucky buffet. Most of the people there were the popular kids. all the jerks I’d make fun of and there were a few people that I'd associate with. Jena Ribe (or Jana) was there she said hi to me she’s looks really good. She is married to a guy names McKay that used to live down the street from me. Some girl named Patricia Jones said hi to me, but I have no idea who she is. I even got my year books from my mom’s house and looked her up... no clue - I seriously have no recollection of her at all. and this will sound awful but she was HUGE and I had been having a horrible self image week so when I saw her walking into the building I pointed and said to the group I was with "at least I'm not fat like that". Speaking of fat, Jeff Dopp got fat. fat fat fatty fat. That's the first thing Ashley said when she saw him. Chelsea married Matt Swain. Heidi Belnap looked awesome. She’s still around and single. Tia (I can’t remember he last name) Looked the same, maybe a little older. Jannie Maxfield looks exactly the same she’s a school psychologist. I didn't think Jeanine Moyer could be any more horrible and vicious then she was in High School but she is a million times worse. Heather Goodson was still the same sweet person though and she looked exactly the same except the fact that she was very pregnant. John Aubry was there and just like in high school the mean guys made him do his stand up comedy that sucks. I don't remember the names of others that came. I remember them, but not their names. lots of people from choir. There were probably about 150 people there. They had a stupid slide show that was just all the popular kids from high school and some modern pictures of people who added to the DHS blog. and the music sucked. They even gave out prizes and surprise, most of them went to the popular kids. There was a prize for the most kids, who’d been married the longest, who looked exactly the same and I think there might have been one for who had changed the most but I don’t recall.
I didn't go to the Friday night picnic at the park and I hear there were lots of people there. So maybe in 10 more years I'll skip the paid entertainment and just do the free stuff.

No comments: