Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's Have We Been Watching?

Movies I Really Liked:

Alice in Wonderland (2010) – “You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness?” I loved this movie. I’m not sure what it was about it that really made me love it, but the entire film was great.

The Princess and the Frog (2009) – “I love her. Tiana is my Evangeline...” This was cute in true Disney Princess fashion. John took me to see this one for my birthday this year. The music was fantastic.

Public Enemies (2009) – “I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars, whiskey, and you... what else you need to know?” Yes, for your information, I did cry at the end.

G.I. Joe (2009) – “Knowing is half the battle.” This movie is pretty cheesy, but I just have to remind myself how cheesy the cartoon it is based on was. All in all, a pretty good action flick.

Star Trek (2009) – “I like this ship! You know, it's exciting!” I do like this movie a lot. We saw this movie on opening night on May 8, 2009. I really liked the movie. It was entertaining and exciting and somewhere in the middle of it we both gat text messages that said Lari was in the ER… We left as soon as the movie was over and called the family. We were told that Lari was fine, and we didn’t need to come to the U to see her. We now wish we had because she died the next day. When this DVD came out on Nov 17th I bought it, because I liked the movie…. It took us until last week to finally watch it again. Wow. The movie is still great, but the glum it brought to us was painful. I wonder how long it will take to forget the sadness that comes with this movie.

 

Movies I Liked Enough:

Six String Samurai (1998) – “You have failed me for the last... nice shoes!”  This was loaned to us by our new friend Davin. It was such a bizarre movie, but I can’t really say it was a bad movie. It was just … strange.

Eagle Eye (2008) – this was a pretty good movie. It was a little suspenseful, but I figured it out about half way through.

Gamer (2009) – Gerard Butler. Yep, that’s about the only reason why I watched this one. The action was okay, but I think I’d rather watch Death Race.

 

Movies I Didn’t Much Like At All:

17 Again (2009) – this movie was creepy.

9 (2009) – I liked this movie, but it was not as great as it could have been.

Ghost of Girl Friends Past (2009) – this was okay, but not one I’ll ever watch again.

 

Movies I Hated:

Inglorious Basterds (2009) – I have no idea how this was nominated for best picture. I hated it.

No comments: