Friday, April 23, 2010

Richard Grieco, you see right through me.

I don’t really know what the fascination with movie sound tracks was back in the 90’s but it seems that I own a lot of them. I'd say that about 85% of the soundtracks we own are all from movies that came out in the 90's. The soundtrack for today’s CD of the week is...

 

    Night At The Roxbury:

    Music from the Motion Picture

 

  1. What Is Love? [7" Mix] - Haddaway
  2. Bamboogie [Radio Edit] - Bamboo
  3. Make That Money [Roxbury Remix] - Robi-Rob's Clubworld
  4. Disco Inferno - Cyndi Lauper
  5. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? - N-Trance, Rod Stewart
  6. Pop Muzik - 3rd Party
  7. Insomnia [Monster Mix] - Faithless
  8. Be My Lover [Club Mix] - La Bouche
  9. This Is Your Night - Amber
  10. Beautiful Life - Ace of Base
  11. Where Do You Go [Ocean Drive Mix] - No Mercy
  12. Little Bit of Ecstasy - Jocelyn Enriquez
  13. What Is Love? [Refreshmento Extro Radio Mix] – Haddaway
  14. Careless Whisper - Tamia

First of all, I’m going to state for the record that I HATE this movie. It is one of the stupidest I think I have ever seen, its quite high on my list. (my #1 stupidest I have ever seen is Dumb and Dumber.) I know I may quote it sometimes, but that’s just the way my brain works. Make no mistake, though, I hate everything about it… except the music.

This movie came out in 1998, but I didn’t hear the soundtrack until 2002, after I married into it. I am a sucker for remixes. If there is a remix or a techno version of something I love, I have to own it. This album became a "must own" and had I not gotten it when I married John I would have run out and bought it because it is just that great. It is full of so many great dance tracks and remixes that when I finally did get to hear it I was sad that I had missed out on it for all the previous years.

There are so many good songs on this album that it's hard to pick out two or three that I love so I wont. I'll simply state that the album is mixed in such a way that each song melts into the next really well. Not a good album to use in compilations because of the intro and extras on the songs, but I'd rather just listen to the album as a whole.

 

This post is dedicated to John.

No comments: