Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yay! Good News!

For the past 2 years the Quarry Visitors Center at This was really disappointing to me because I have developed a fascination in Dinosaurs in the last few years and have wanted to go out to Dinosaur National Monument several times but have either had no funds to do it or the sad closing of the Quarry Visitors Center.

But the good news I heard today was that the State is putting out $13 Million in stimulus money to rebuild the Quarry Visitors Center!

I'm way excited! I can't wait to have the chance to go stand among the dinos and to spend some time learning more of the fascinating story of the giants who roamed the earth.

Sure it may be silly of me, and the Quarry Visitors Center may not be rebuilt for many years, but I'm just excited. Yay!

2 comments:

Loran said...

That is so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool- you should come out here- we are about 1.5hrs from Dionsaur Valley S.P.- it's where the fossilized footprints of the dinosaurs are visable in the river- we went there this weekend and went hiking- it was awesome!
~Carrie