Monday, April 20, 2009

grr!

Okay, so I haven't taken the full step to OB/Gyn or RE yet. I am hanging on to my CNM for all she’s worth right now. I'm if-y about changing doctors since I have been going to the same one for a few years now. 

 

I had one of “those” appointments on Friday. Just the yearly visit, blah blah blah.  I really like Vivian, she is always very proactive when it comes to my health, where sometimes it seems like our family doctor isn’t listing to me.

 

What did she tell me??

 

Well she gave me the third degree about my weight - 226! according to the scale at her office - just like I was sure she would.  

 

The conversation went something like this:

Her: have you still been going to Curves?

Me: No.

Her: Do you exercise regularly?

Me: do the stairs at work count?

Her: Have you changed your diet?

Me: I'm trying

 

... Every time I go in she reminds me "Less carbs, more protein!"

 

Then she had to take my blood pressure 3 times! I don’t remember what the exact #’s were, but I remember looking at the monitor and seeing 158/something. That’s high. She is now worried that I may have hypertension/high blood pressure. Add that right on top of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and Pre-diabetes that she has previously diagnosed me with and it is just frustrating.

 

So I have been given a lab order to go have a ton of blood taken. She also wants to do a fasting blood sugar test so I haven't been in to the lab yet since I had eaten that day. But I will.

 

She says that she wants to get that under control before we move any further with trying to conceive.

 

That is super disappointing -- but she is right I do need to be healthy before I can take care of someone else.

 

Starting tomorrow I am putting Core Rhythms in the DVD player and forcing my dear husband to participate. He could stand to lose a few pounds too.

 

 

No comments: