Thursday, April 9, 2009

Movies, Movies, Movies

Monsters vs. Aliens 3D - This movie was okay. It wasn't really great, but maybe that's because I had really been looking forward to seeing this movie that all my excitement over it just fell kind of flat while watching it. Now, don't get me wrong, the movie was still relatively good. It made me laugh several times and it could have been great if there were some things left out. Maybe I've hit that "adult" stage where stupid 3rd grade jokes just aren't funny to me anymore.
 
A Wrinkle in Time - This is a Disney movie I have been meaning to see for years it came out in 2004. I love the books by Madeleine L'Engle and have always been a fan of Meg and Charles Wallace so when this was made into a movie I wanted to see it. So now, 5 years later I finally sat down and watched it. I'll admit, I haven't read the books since Jr. High but the movie reminded me of so many things I enjoyed about the books. There are a lot of differences between print and the screen, but all in all it was a good adaptation.
 
Jumper - I was warned that this movie was not very good and kind of boring, so I had some low expectations. I liked this movie. I wanted more action and more back story, but all in all I enjoyed it for the most part. I think that maybe I'll read the books by Steven Gould to get more of the story. I guess there are 3 books regarding the Jumper story. They might be an interesting read. I don't think the movie was good enough to warrant a sequel.

No comments: