Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rurouni Kenshin: Wandering Samurai

What have we been watching lately?

Rurouni Kenshin is based around a wandering samurai named Kenshin Himura. In the past, Kenshin had gained infamy as a feared swordsman Battousai the Manslayer, who fought without mercy and slew many. Since then, however, he has forsaken his violent ways and has come to revere life, so much so that he will not kill another. He uses a reverse blade Katana so that he will not kill anyone, but is still able to use his sword to defend others as repentance for his past wrongs.

This show has been great. We're on to the 5 disk of 13 or14 disks. We watch it every night before bed and for some strange reason I'm either dreaming that I am a Samurai or my dreams are just very violent... hmmm

Like I said we have really enjoyed watching this show. It's quite cheesey at times and I think that as a master samurai the Battousai should be less of a fru fru and more threatening and forceful, but it is what it is and that's okay. I think the fight scenes in this show are masterful and I just wish that there was more of them and that they were longer. I'd like to see this samurai kick some butt however everytime he gets close to turning into the Manslayer you want him to be he is stopped by the ever present and annoying Anime female character who I almost don't like. Is it wrong of me to want to see him go postal on the whole cast of the show and use his katana to kill everyone? yeah, probably.

I would recomend watching this show to anyone who is looking for some "good anime" to watch. I've been looking for a long time and this I like.

No comments: