Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Made It!

After my snow day yesterday I made it to work this morning.

I must say, I was very disappointed that there was NO NEW SNOW in Salt Lake from yesterday.
Here I was digging out of at least a foot of snow (if not more) and there isn't even a skiff of new snow at my work.
I heard on the news that Ogden got 21 inches of new snow yesterday! I'm sure that we have at least 12-18 inches of new snow at my house. John spent most of the day shoveling. I know he's not supposed to shovel, but there is only one snow shovel and he gets to it first. Apparently I don't do a good enough job. :)
So all in all we spent yesterday shut in at home which gave us time to take down the Christmas tree and play lots of Lego Star Wars. I even go a nap somewhere in the midst of that. Then we had orange chicken for dinner with a pasta side, I fed my Zombie and my Werewolf, played scrabble with my sister, cleaned the litter box, then went to the store and bought some milk and when all that was over with I went to bed. So even though I was stuck at home most of the day I did get some things accomplished.

Orange Chicken Marinade

1/2 cup Orange Juice Concentrate (thawed)
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
2 TBL Grated Orange Peal
1 clove minced Garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp Salt

Mix everything together in a large zip-lock bag, add chicken and refrigerate.

Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours then cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Very yummy. Great for the grill.

No comments: