Monday, January 7, 2008

An Old Favorite

Last night was the premier of American Gladiators it is on NBC. This is the reincarnation of one of my favorite shows from when I was a kid. I fondly remember sitting around the tele on Saturday mornings watching this great show. It inspired so many children of my generation to aspire to be Gladiators (as I saw last night).

The show thankfully is exactly as I remember it it includes the same old trials against the gladiators: The Joust. The Gauntlet. The Rings. The Pyramid. The Assault. The Wall. And last but not least The Eliminator! And to add some new variety to the show there are new events too... One new event is Earthquake, which is wrestling on a suspended platform and if you stay on for the full time you get 5 points but if you knock the gladiator off you get 10. I don't remember the name of the other new event from last night, but it is a bridge that the contender has to run across while having 100 lb balls swung at them and each trip across the bridge is 2 points.


Did I mention that this show is awesome... or maybe I'm just severely lacking good entertainment in my life. I'll probably be watching this on Monday nights at 8 from now on - - but wait, that presents a problem... Monday nights at 8 on NBC should be Heroes!? When will that be moved to?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry I missed the inagural episode. We got sucked into a Cary Grant movie and before we realized it it was too late for the gladiators. We'll be tuning in next week (if only by tivo).

Unknown said...

It's on again tonight @ 8 on NBC

ScottBoomer said...

This is the best thing thats happened to me since my baby was born!

Anonymous said...

Great show. I loved it! I forgot how fun it really was. Those gladiators are HUGE. Wolf is my favorite guy, and Siren is my favorite gal.