Monday, January 28, 2008

Our weekend of entertainment:

Thursday:

U23D - This was awesome. I was half afraid that it was going to be a documentary type movie about U2 similar to Rattle & Hum, but was pleasantly surprised that it was in fact just a concert in 3D. It was fantastic. I have loved seeing U2 live several times over the past 10 years, but seeing U2 in IMAX in 3D was a treat. I loved it.

Friday (our 6th anniversary):

Sweeny Todd - This movie was fantastic. All Tim Burton but with lots of singing. I had never really heard of Sweeny Todd before and when there was talk of a new Johnny Depp movie I was all over that even if I didn't know what it was about. Turns out it's a well known musical about a crazy barber who was out for revenge and kills lots of people and the lady downstairs turns the dead folks into meat pies. I loved it. My poor husband on the other hand has a hard time with straight razors and blood so he sat in his seat turning pale and being nauseous most of the movie.

Saturday:

Rurouni Kenshin - again. we still have 5 disks to go :)

Sunday:

Resident Evil: Extinction - This movie I really enjoyed. I don't know why, but I love a good action packed Zombie movie even if I know how it will end. All the Resident Evil movies have been very entertaining to me. I love the video games. How can one go wrong with a genetically enhanced lady who is programmed to kill?


... and now it's Monday again. We currently have waiting at home to watch WAR - with Jet Li and "Handsome Rob" I'm expecting it to packed full of violence and lots of explosions.

No comments: