Friday, June 13, 2008

Who knew I had seem so many movies

Ladyhawke – Two star-crossed lovers are cursed by an evil bishop the man is a wolf by night whilst his lover, takes the form of a hawk by day. They enlist the help of a page named Mouse who has to get them to the Bishop to kill them and they have to meet in their human forms to break the spell. This is an old movie, but I have loved it so.

 

Bed of Roses – Romantic drama about a young career girl who is swept off her feet by a shy florist, who fell in love with her after one glimpse through a shadowy window. It has been a LONG time since I saw this movie. I believe the last time I saw it was in the movie theater back in 1996. I remember it was a cute movie and I was still in love with Christian Slater at that time.

 

Untamed Heart – Man saves woman from rapists in park. They fall in love have good times together he tells her he has baboon heart and she still loves him. He catches a hockey puck for her and then dies. It’s a better movie then what my description gives. I enjoyed it, but again I saw this back during my Christian Slater phase.

 

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves –Robin Hood and Moorish friend return from the crusades and have to save Maid Marian from the Sheriff of Nottingham and free the people from his tyrannical rule. Robin builds a secret village in the haunted woods, finds his illegitimate brother and makes Marian fall in love with him. Sheriff loses. All live happily ever after.

 

Down to You – The gist of the story... love sought, found, lost, and found again. She fears losing her youth, committing too soon. He's worried that this may be an illusion, not true love. She sleeps with someone else; he's hurt; the relationship ruptures. She leaves for San Francisco; he goes into an alcohol-assisted depression. He even drinks her shampoo, hoping to cure his obsession. I didn’t really like this movie. Lariann and I both walked out of the theater thinking that’s 2 hours of our lives we’ll never get back. But This list is for Chick Flicks I have seen whether I like it or not.

 

Just Like Heaven – This movie was totally cute. Two people are set up on a blind date but never meet because she is in a car accident and is in a coma. He unknowingly moves into her apartment and her “ghost” is haunting him. They fall in love and he learns that she is still alive and that the family is going to pull the plug so he has to stop them and save her. He knows that if they could only really touch that all would be well. It was a good movie. I had to add it to my collection.

 

Two Weeks Notice – Woman gets job. Falls for boss. Boss is unobservant jerk. She quits he realizes that he needs her. They get married. I love Sandra Bullock. This movie was cute.

 

Return to Me – This movie is tragic and sad within like the first 10 minutes.... but despite that it turns out good. Man has wife. Wife dies. Organs are donated. Girl gets heart. Man finds girl. She finds out it his wife’s heart. Sadness. Then a happy ending.

 

The Princess Diaries – Ugly Duckling ends up as a Princess. This movie is just cute. I saw this at the drive in the night John first kissed me. :) he he (girlish giggle) Aside from that. I just really liked it. The sequel is still cute, but not as good.

 

Mona Lisa Smile –This movie was pretty good. Here is what someone else says it’s about: “Set in 1953, Katherine Watson is a free-spirited graduate of UCLA who accepts a teaching post at Wellesley College, a women-only school where the students are torn between the repressive morals of the time and their longing for intellectual freedom.”

 

Steele Magnolias – "If you can't find anything good to say about anybody, come sit by me." This movie contains love, apathy, pain, loss, secrecy and a desperate attempts at living a lives of happiness. I love this movie it’s so tragic and sad, but a great one for girl time.

 

Step Mom – Mom & Step mom don’t get along until mom is dying. Kids mom & step mom all come together to make a cushy feel-good happy ending even though mom dyes. Tissues required.

 

Pretty Woman – Prostitute falls for rich business man. Business man falls for prostitute. Business man’s friend is evil. Prostitute goes home. Business man shows up in white limo with roses and climbs her balcony and they live happily ever after.

 

Clueless – John loves this movie. I personally hated this movie and I will quote Ewan McGregor here because he says just what I thought “I hated Clueless with a passion. I thought it would have been a really good film if someone had blown her head off at the end with a really huge gun. I mean, this rich bitch suddenly becomes charitable and then she's okay? And then there's the token black friend. It was so corrupt, so L.A., I hated it.”

 

Ever After – The classic Cinderella story but with a twist. This is the story of Danielle De Barbarac the “real” Cinderella. In defiance to her evil step mother and step sisters she pretends to be someone else and falls in love with the handsome prince but in the end she has to tell him the truth. There is heartbreak and then all is forgiven and they live happily ever after in the end.  Evil is punished and good is rewarded and everyone goes home happy

No comments: