Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh The Movies I have seen –

So it’s time for another installment of what have we been watching now? This week is sure to be so thrilling you’ll want to hang on to your socks. Is everyone ready? Here we go.

I Am Legend – This movie wasn’t so bad, but it wasn’t so good either. I liked the premise of it but as a whole it just kind of left me wanting something more. But at the same time it also gave me another reason to avoid the dark. It also brought up the question of why is every horrible disaster always on the island of Manhattan. Every movie that has a disaster is always set on that island. Good thing it’s so easy to cut the island off from the rest of the world so horrible things don’t spread…. Even though they do anyway.

Cloverfield – This movie was recommended to me by my older brother, he said it was good and a little scary … well I didn’t so much. It’s about a couple of friends who get stuck in the middle of a monster or alien attack in none other than Manhattan. It just never really cleared that up. And the one guy loves a girl that he let go and instead of evacuating the city like he should have he went back for her. Now it’s nice that he went back for her, but I think I’m selfish in that I would leave and preserve my own life. I informed John that if this is ever a situation that we are in he has permission to evacuate the city and then die of despair later. I’d be happier knowing he was out to safety before I died then to have him killed trying to save me.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – This movie was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I have come to love the stories of Narnia and the adventures of the Pevinsie children. This installment of the Chronicles of Narnia was so sad and yet helped to lift ones spirits in knowing that good can overcome evil and we are never really alone. John mocked me at the end of the movie because it made me cry, but when you take into account that in the world of Narnia Aslan is the Christ figure it reminded me that the Savior is there, we just have to look for Him and ask Him for help. Had the children been willing to seek Aslan’s help then they would have been able to do so much. Thus in our own lives, if we seek the guidance of the Savior we too shall not go astray. It is also rather sad knowing that at the end of the book/movie that Susan and Peter shall never return to Narnia since it is time for them to grow up. (another reason why I also find Peter Pan to be depressing)

Indiana Jones: Legend of the Chrystal Skull – or whatever the movie was called. This movie I liked, but not a whole lot. It wasn’t really as good as I expected it to be, and honestly who ever thought that Indiana Jones would be dealing with Aliens. Ugh! I had wanted it to be so good but it fell short of expectations. This was not an Indiana Jones movie… it was a movie that just happened to have Indiana Jones in it.

StarGate SG-1: Season 4 – We have enjoyed watching StarGate so much, who knew. It was cool to see how story lines were being set up for future seasons and where some of the characters came from that we didn’t know the origins of before.

StarGate SG-1: Season 5 – Can we say disjoined and depressing? Again, another awesome season of StarGate. However there are several episodes in season 5 that have no resolution. That was a little disappointing. Also, at the end of this season Daniel Jackson dies… well he doesn’t really die, he is assended and will be gone for a season. He was saving the life of Jonas Quin who if you’ll remember is played by Corin Nemic of Parker Lewis Can’t Lose. Daniel exposed himself to high levels of radiation and died a slow horrible death only to be saved by Oma in the end.

StarGate: The Movie – This was amusing to watch. We hadn’t seen it in a long time so after watching so many seasons of the TV show it was nostalgic to see it again. Funny thing was that the whole time we were watching the movie each of us were thinking where is this character. Why don’t they use this. Who’s that guy … blah blah blah. The TV show is so much better then the movie, but when the movie first came out it was awesome.

Samurai X: Betrayal – This was a love story involving Kenshin and Tomo. He the assassin and she the depressed betrothed of a man Kenshin had killed. They are forced into hiding and in doing so they pose as husband and wife and live happily together until there is betrayal and Kenshin is forced to take up his sword and go kill someone. Tomo throws herself in the middle of the battle and is killed by Kenshin’s own hands and he vows that once the war is over he shall never kill another. This was sad, but a good back story for Kenshin.

Samurai X: Reflections – So sad. This is the story of Karu and Kenshin’s life together after they are married. Kenshin is in China and Karu is waiting for him. They are both dying from something that was never made quite clear and between Yahiko, Sanoske and Kenji(their son,) Kenshin and Karu are brought back together and Kenshin dies in her arms beneath the cherry blossoms. I had fallen so in love with this silly fictional character that I cried when he died. It was SO depressing. “Reflections” basicly goes over their entire life together and touches on many of the episodes that are in the Rurouni Kenshin series.

Samurai X: The Motion Picture – This is a continuation of the Rurouni Kenshin Series. Kenshin, Karu, Yahiko and Sanoske again have to save Japan for evil. This really threw me off though because the voices changed from the TV series to the movie so it was a little disappointing. Oh well, we did enjoy it anyway.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

lol Now I know that there are really no good movies out. I saw Indiana Jones, but I haven't seen the other ones so it didn't really make sense. We have them, I just haven't seen them yet. We were going to watch them yesterday and I sat for an hour and a half watching the wrong movie and wondering why Indiana Jones was black. Very confusing.

Unknown said...

Nicole -

Movies to see before you die -- The 3 original Indiana Jones Movies