Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And the list goes on --

Miss Potter – This is another Ewan McGregor/Renee Zellweger movie. Ewan dies halfway through the movie so that’s too bad but the rest of the movie is pretty good if you can get past the horrible acting of Renee Zellweger. Its a good story of Beatrix Potter and how she fell in love and also the story of how Peter Rabbit came to be.

 

Catch and Release – Jennifer Garner is a very good actress. Cute too. This is the story of a girl who was going to marry a boy but boy dies. She moves in with his room-mates and discovers secrets about him that she never knew. I enjoyed this movie. It’s not really on my top 25 chick flicks, but it was okay.

 

13 Going on 30 – Again a Jennifer Garner movie. All those Generation X-ers will appreciate the music in this movie. The story is fun and cute where a 13 year-old wants to be 30 Flirty and Successful instead of a awkward 13 year-old and her wish comes true only to find out the path that she wishes for her life is not what she really wants and in the end. When all is bleak she is able to wish herself back to the 80’s and do it all again but correctly this time. This movie made me laugh out loud and cry a little.

 

Titanic (1997) – I know that a lot of people hate this movie. I don’t. I love this movie. Not for the love story between Jack and what’s-her-name, but because of the history. I have always had a fascination with the Titanic and the stories behind the people that were on it and the ship itself.

 

Titanic (1953) – This movie I originally watched under my mother’s recommendation. Staring a rather young good looking Robert Wagner (he didn’t age well) Mom said she thought he was so good looking. Well, he was a cute teenage boy and he did survive the sinking of the Titanic.

 

Romeo & Juliet (1996) – I love this version. This is another movie where people either loved or hated it. I was impressed by the Shakespeare to modern. I love Shakespeare and I love Clare Danes so put them together and wha-la a pretty good movie.

 

Little Women (1994) – I love the story of Little Women. The 1994 version was my favorite featuring people like Clare Danes, Christian Bale, Susan Sarandon and Wynona Ryder. I have related to Beth March in my life many times and she is played so well by Clare Danes in this adaptation. I also like to relate to the sisters and that even though life has it’s ups and downs and sisters will always be sisters no matter what.

 

To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday – Poor sad husband talks to dead wife but ignores the real world and his daughter. This is a story of accepting death, still loving but moving on. I really enjoyed this movie. It's been a long time since I watched it last.

 

Stardust – This movie ranks up there with the Princess Bride. It will become a timeless, good, cute, romantic adventure movie. Boy loves girl, girl uses boy, boy promises to bring back falling star, finds star, star is girl boy falls in love with star. They live happily ever after ... well except for the parts with evil witches who want to kill star and the funny air pirates. I love this movie.

 

Love Actually – Several different love stories entwine and create a very cute movie. There is some nudity and foul language. Frankly we’re a little embarrassed that we love this movie so much, but it’s really good.

 

The Family Stone – Marriage. All romantic comedies somehow end up here. This is the story of people falling in and out of love and switching partners with family members. I thought it was funny and sad and funny again and worth watching.

 

The Holiday – Two people switch places for the Christmas holiday and they each fall in love with someone while they’re away. It’s cute.

 

Last Holiday – This movie was funny. I love Queen Latifa she is awesome. She is told that she is going to die so she takes all her money and takes a “last holiday” and finds out about herself and her dreams and in the end she doesn’t die and her life dreams come true.

 

Somewhere in Time – this movie is very dated and rather depressing but it should be watched at least once in persons life for that whole romantic tragedy bit.

No comments: